By TND 3:35 PM Goals & Resolutions, Happiness, Happy New Year, Lifestyle-Life Actually, New Beginnings, Valentine's Day
Where did January 2016 (and part of February already) go? How quickly did the first month fly by? With all of the heartwarming love I've been feeling, it seemed right to put up my first post of the year on "the day of love." Wishing everyone as much love today and more throughout the year!
I don't believe in resolutions. I've said it before, and I'll say it again! Looking back at the 2015 tag, I can say that I truly kept my goals. And that to me is quite amazing! I loved those goals and hope to continue those and build new ones; many from that post still applies to this year.
I believe strongly in goals: daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and life-time goals. Every day is an opportunity; new chapters, goals and such do not need to fall on a certain date to be put into action. I have a lot of very big goals to fill this year--that I have been building over the past year and is part of why I have invested less time into my blog. But that is soon to come & now that I'm settled into my new city, I am back to my blogging ways.
Hoping everyone had a wonderful beginning to the year. As I am embraced one of the biggest changes to come into my life, I have a few things I learned in the past year that I want to continue into this year:
1) Do not let what you left behind in 2015 come back into your life in 2016.
- This applies to people, mental spaces, and physical things. As vague as it may be, it's a strong statement you make by not letting things that no longer have a purpose in your life continue to take up that precious space. It's like shedding unnecessary weight and adding things that do give value and bring you happiness.
2) Do things in the moment that make you happy.
- Life is incredibly short and happening now whether you want time to pass or not. Take the (calculated) risks and believe in those grand dreams. Whether it's little checks off of your list or big ones, they will both be things that you will remember. Don't let waiting become a habit...it's bad and a waste. Also, share the happiness. Using your strengths to help strengthen other's will bring immense happiness! I promise.
3) Believe in yourself and care less about what others' think.
- People will always be critics, but by talking about you, they are showing you how narrow their topics of conversation are. Even if you or anyone else can't see where the road leads, follow the path you make. A failure is a lesson learned, and if you succeed...well aren't you glad you took that step?
4) Use lessons as motivation.
- Whether it's some plan that didn't pan out, someone's behavior that bothered you or anything in between or broader...get off the high horse and move past it. People say you can't do it? Use it as motivation. Someone wronged you? Do better for yourself and others and don't let their behavior affect you in a negative way. You have so much to offer, bring that to the table, ALWAYS.
5) Believe in the law of attraction and it's power.
- When you focus your positive energy on something, believe (refer to point #3) and work hard at it, you will see the results unfold one by one. Allow things to come into this space selectively. Whatever you cultivate within this energy is what will manifest. Choose carefully. Only give pieces of yourself and your efforts to people and things deserving--this is part of self-love and self-worth.
Another "Life, Actually" post is coming soon on trusting the journey. Stay tuned & share your goals in the comments!